Thursday 29 November 2012

Faith, romance, hardship, rest

My blog is written from the heart. What I write is not cerebral although there is logic involved. They are what I have experienced in mind, emotion and (because the impression and change have been so profound I assume) the spirit. 

My latest :
  • Faith goes with rest
  • Romance goes with hardship
Some pray for faith. But faith is just resting in the assurance that someone's got your back. You let the one you trust catch you should you fall. Therefore: rest, not struggle is the theme.

I live on Caine Rd. Last night I rode the minibus from HKU to the other end of this old narrow winding path with mostly night class students. Living half way up the Peak is not easy and it took a long time to find my way around the hidden paths, old buildings, new high rises, quaint shops, supermarkets, steep slopes and stairs. But this is the most romantic area of Hong Kong. It provokes nostalgia, frustration, joy, admiration, love, hate... romance. Therefore: hardship and also reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment